Friday, October 31, 2008

Fantasy Updates

So, that draft that I wanted to steal Rose in round 7... well, somebody jumped the gun and took him in round 4. True, that's where he might *potentially* be worth at the end of the year. But why pay full price? That's crazy. Ah wells, better deals for me then.

Every year there's 2-3 mostly undrafted or lowly drafted players that end up exploding to become top 50 players in fantasy. For example, Mike James in '05, Al Jefferson and Barbosa in '06, and Grant Hill and Turkoglu in '07. You want to watch the early box scores and snap them up if you can.

It's not a great policy... but the way I usually approach it is, 1 good game pay attention, 2 good games in a row, pick up.

Most teams have only played one game so far, so here's some early movers you might want to pay attention to in the next couple nights:

Kelenna Azubuike (17 pts, 3 rebs, 2 asts, 3 stls)
Mario Chalmers (17 pts, 7 rebs, 8 asts, 2 threes)
Yi Jianlian (17 pts, 6 rebs, 1 stl, 2 blks, 2 threes)
Spencer Hawes (12 pts, 14 rebs, 6 blks, 1 three)

Important note: These guys are all STARTING. That's huge. It's all about games and minutes played in fantasy. You need the time to put up the stats. New time starters are good gambles. I personally have already picked up Kelena, Chalmers, and Yi in one or more of my leagues already and they're quickly disappearing in most leagues.

Also, if anybody is getting hit by injuries and dropping their stashed stars (Arenas, Ginobili, Ellis), I'd recommend taking a gamble on them too. Odds are no matter how well you drafted, there's a couple guys that are underwhelming you on your roster. (for me, it's been Felton, Nelson, and Conely. Decent PGs are hard to find late I guess). Feel free to play with those spots and make some moves!

Btw, I know the week is far from over, but I'm currently winning in all 3 of my Yahoo leagues and all 3 of my CBS leagues. More updates on those next Monday if I actually pull out all the wins. =)

No comments: