Thursday, October 9, 2008

Another reason to love Gil

Hmm, I don't think anybody is reading this. How should I advertise this blog and get more viewers? Got a suggestion, let me know.

Anyway, I signed up for my first CBS leagues this week. Things are a bit different there compared to the Yahoo that I'm used to. First of all, lineups are weekly so there's no cheap add/dropping shenanigans which is nice. Stats are also averaged individually by games played by the player that week, which eliminates unfortunate injuries and irregular schedules, which is nice too. Only thing a bit weird is that it's a point based system and not straight up stat categories. So it breaks down like this:

Points: 1 pt
Rebounds: 1 pt
Assists: 2 pt
Steals: 1 pt
Blocks: 1 pt
Turnovers: -1 pt

So usual fantasy studs like Josh Smith and Shawn Marion fall a lot in value because steals and blocks are so much less valuable and 3 pointers are not tracked at all. There's no FG% or FT% in there either so there's no accounting for efficiency. The emphasis is on scoring and assists, which makes guards in general a lot more valuable. It's a bit different, but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it.

Anyhoo, this is just a quick post. More later, but for now, here's a funny from SLAM..

SLAM: What do you know about Sarah Palin?

Gil: That she’s a female Bush. Retarded. I’m not that into politics, I try to stay away until things get closer. But just from what I can tell she’s a moron. She can’t bullshit yet. As a politician she doesn’t know how to bullshit. She’ll just run around the question. “Who’s better, Kobe or LeBron?” “Well you know D.Wade, he’s been looking nice lately, so those are tough choices.” What the f*ck are you talking about?!

1 comment:

MadStalk said...

post some of your wisdom in a major basketball forum like rotoworld and include a link in your sig. I thought you'd enjoy this site
http://yougotdunkedon.blogspot.com/
especially the parts where you get to watch lamar odom get dunked on.