Thursday, November 5, 2009

Nostradamous

I'll admit that I suck at real-world NBA predictions. 3/7 of my all time predictions went bust in the very first year and my preseason rankings for the 2008-09 season was just plain terrible. That's why I've refrained from making any rankings/predictions for this season. No need to make more excuses to laugh at myself at season's end, right?

But at least I know my fantasy stuff. What did I say about Martin and Redd being injury prone? Well, Redd is already out at least two weeks with a sprained knee and Martin just got diagnosed with a hairline fracture in his wrist (no word yet on how much time or if any he will miss). Also, I also told you to avoid Calderon, Brand, and Baron Davis... and that all turned out to be sound advice. I mean, last year was a year to forget for B Diddy and as impossible as it seems, he's actually playing WORSE so far this year... just 11 points on 33% shooting and one 3PTMs a game. Brand has been worse as well, averaging just 12/8 on 46% shooting. That's stats from your last guy, not somebody you spent a 5th round pick on.

Of course, I've wiffed a picked or two too. Most notably on Anthony Randolph. I had pretty high expectations on AR and happily used a 6th and a 7th round pick in two different drafts for him. To say that he's been underwhelming is an understatement, averaging just 8 pts and 4.7 rebs on 35% shooting without even a full block or steal to add to his line. A lot of the blame goes to Nellie though. I mean, AR is a young guy and inconsistent and you want to bring him along slowly, I get that. So Nellie starts Turiaf and lets Randolph come off the bench. That's understanable. But when Turiaf goes out with a sprained knee, you'd think Randolph would be in line for the those minutes. 'Cept instead Nellie goes and starts Stephen Jackson at PF and slots Randolph behind MIKKI FRIGGIN MOORE on the depth chart. 7 minutes is all AR got last night. WTF?!?! That is seriously messed up. Nellie just seems crazier and crazier by the game. He needs 22 more games to pass Lenny Wilkins for all-time winningest coach. What are the odds the Warriors can get that by all-star break and Nellie just up and quits when he gets the record?

No comments: