Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Near, far, wherever you are...

LOL, new antics by Ron Artest. I was always high on Ron Artest... it sucks that he's a Laker now so I can't really root for him. But this is just pure awesome and easily up there with any of the crazy fan things Shaq has done. I can't paraphrase it to do it justice... so here's Artest's own words about what happened, courtesy of Sports Radio Interviews. And oh yeah, videos at the bottom too!

What happened was I had a contest; all LA fans get access to Ron Artest. So, what I did, I gave my number out and my Twitter out, so I speak directly to my fans and I give contests - I invite people places, I go to people’s houses. So, this one contest, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, I need something to do. Whoever comes up with the most interesting thing to do, I will come and visit you anywhere you’re at. Some people asked me to be their best man, come play basketball, a bunch of other things. The one thing that was interesting was the Filipino food; this whole family asked me to come to their house and eat Filipino food, and I have a Filipino son, half-black, half-Filipino. And, I knew that the Filipinos, they love karaoke, some Vietnamese people, a couple other cultures, they love to do karaoke. So, what I didn’t think was they would ask me to do karaoke. So, the first night, we went over, we had dinner, we laughed, I got outta there. It was the third day, me and my friends was hungry, so we said, ‘Hey, what about calling the Filipino family again and eat some more dinner, some more free dinner.’ So, we go over there, eat some free dinner, by the end of the night, they wanted to do karaoke. I’m like, ‘I’m not doing karaoke.’ The mom said, ‘No, Ron. You have to do karaoke, please do karaoke.’ I said, ‘Ah, are you serious?’ Four songs passed and I said, ‘Nah, I’m not doing this karaoke.’ She asked me again, I respected her, I did the karaoke, I did Celine Dion, and it was just classic, classic footage. I was gonna save it for my reality show but I just thought the fans probably wanna see it now. I actually did a lot of crazy things in a house that night that I had never been in. I was eating dinner, laughing at one of my friends, and I had some gas… So, now, I’m laughing at my friend, I’m laughing so hard at the dinner table, and I just let one loose: PRRAAHAHAAHAHAHAH. Real loud! Real loud, Mr. Carmichael. I’m not releasing that footage. (Host: Is there footage somewhere?) There’s footage, I might let people see it one day, it was funny. So, tomorrow I’m gonna go see a Mexican family and I’m gonna go eat some Mexican food.”

No comments: