Friday, February 6, 2009

Friday Postings... Or not.

Man, the injury bug is just recking the NBA (and my fantasy teams) this season. For those that don't know, here's a quick rundown/highlight of some the more prominent injuries....

76ers – Brand (shoulder, out for the season)
Raptors – Bosh (knee, out until AS Break)
Bucks – Redd (ACL, out for the season)
Bucks – Bogut (Back, out for the season)
Bucks – Ridnour (finger, out 4 weeks)
Bobcats - Wallace (lung, ribs, out 2-4 weeks)
Magic – Nelson (shoulder, out for the season)
Hornets – Paul (groin, out until AS Break)
Blazers – Black (shoulder, out until AS Break)
Jazz – Kirilenko (ankle, out 2-4 more weeks)
Jazz – Boozer (quads, out 2-4 more weeks)
Clippers – Kaman (foot, out until AS Break)
Lakers – Bynum (knee, out 8-12 weeks)

And that's not including the flu bug that's been wrecking havoc this week... 2-3 games at a time for players such as Caron Butler, Joe Johnson, and Kevin Garnett. Also worth mentioning are the prolonged injuries that occurred earlier this season. Players like Baron Davis, Marcus Camby, Zach Randolph, Jermaine O'Neal, Jose Calderon, Tracy McGrady, Ron Artest, Kevin Martin, Mike Dunleavy, TJ Ford, Monte Ellis, etc. They have all missed significant amount of games this year and many are still rusty and/or just getting back into shape.

So anyhoo, in light of that... I'm taking a break from my Friday postings until after the AS break too. I haven't been doing to well with my predictions and last Friday's "opposites" experiment was a big disaster. 11 games, 22 outcomes. I get 5 right, push 1. That's just sad. In fact, I've only hit 50% once in all these weeks and haven't gone over yet. Considering these bets are supposed to be 50/50 chances in Vegas's eyes (they make money on the difference between the bet and payout), I think that's rather pathetic of me to do so poorly.

I'll still be posting my other usual gibberish on a semi-daily basis... just no Friday Postings. And now for you daily funny, here's the full cut of Gatorade's new "Quest for G" commercial. 9 minutes long.

1 comment:

Kevin said...

pick up the pace jason.