Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Go back to Slovenia!

Wow, that was pretty garbage by the Suns. I don't know it would have done to their confidence/chemistry (and the fans' sanity) if the Suns had lost to the Thunder. A "contender" can't just drop a game to the Thunder, Shaq playing or not, the Thunder are basically just a bunch of d-leaguers and Durant. Glad to see them pull it out, down 16 and all, still waaayyy too close for comfort though.

If Porter insists on emphasising the half court Shaq offense, he needs to stop giving the Big Fella the nights off on b2bs. Maybe play him less minutes, but he still needs to start. If not, it throws our WHOLE team out of rhythm. Offensively, Nash and Co. still don't run & gun and we still cough up our season avg. 17 TOs. And on defense, our paint is just wide open and we get killed on the boards (gave up 15 offensive boards tonight). Last time we got blasted by the Bulls and tonight we barely scrape by a 1-14 Thunder. The next time it's b2b against NO and DAL, if Shaq sits either, I can guarantee a loss there.

Interesting note... Dragic has now had consecutive DNP-CD, after only getting 3 min. in the Laker game behind Singletary. Can we officially call this the end of the Slovenian experiment? Else maybe send him to the d-league first and get some experience. What are the odds the Suns go Spanoulis on Dragic and send him back to Slovenia after the season?

Anyhoo... enough about the Suns. I missed my fantasy update yesterday. I went 2-1 in Yahoo h2hs and 1-2 in my CBS points leagues. CBS is still as dull as ever. No trades, no chatter, nothing good on the FA wire. Even playing for money isn't exciting, since it does't really feel like I'm playing.

Yahoo wise... I did some trades. I gave up Bogut for Terry in one league and Paul/Salmons for Deron/A. Miller in another. The Bogut trade was offered to me and I took it. Was pretty stacked in bigs and needed the 3s. The Paul trade, I offered and was accepted. Remember my original strategy... load up on Jazz and 76ers... they'll pay off when it matters.

Pickup wise... Mobley is a good gamble if he's available. I think he'll be the starting SG in NY and there's always stats to go around in the D'A system. Also DJ Augustin is starting and dropping nice lines in CHA. Eric Gordon also got a starting nod and posted an excellent performance and can be worth a try. Morrow as expected has dropped in production quite a bit and could be a safe drop.

No funnies today... I need to work harder on that. Sorries.

1 comment:

Mr. Thill said...

Anthony Morrow we hardly knew ye